The latest surgery-free innovation against incontinence in women!
Dr. Charbonneau has used the Erbium laser since 1996 so it is a device he knows well. True to his nature, when he heard of a technique for vaginal tightening using the Erbium laser not yet available in Canada, he looked into its potential benefits.
In December 2012, Dr. Charbonneau and his chief of nursing staff flew to Europe to get specialized training on this new form of treatment. Once again, Health Canada approved the use of this new innovative technique that, thanks to Dr. Charbonneau’s initiative, could improve the quality of life of thousands of women, many of whom might otherwise have undergone surgery.
Exclusively available at l’Institut du laser cutané de l’Outaouais, vaginal tightening treatment results in two important results:
1. It treats mild to moderate incontinence in women in good health (who meet certain criteria).
2. It increases sensation and improves sexual pleasure by strengthening/tightening muscles contracted during orgasm.
80% success rate after just one treatment.
A three-step treatment:
1. After a first consultation, the patient must have a Pap test and a gynecological examination. Blood samples are also necessary to ensure there are no infections of any sort.
2. After receiving a clean bill of health, treatment can proceed. Practically painless and lasting between 30 to 45 minutes, the treatment is administered by a trained nurse specializing in this technique. There is no need for needles or painkillers and you can return to your daily routine immediately after treatment.
3. One follow-up visit three months following treatment allows the doctor to assess that the treatment was indeed successful. In some cases, a second treatment may be necessary.